Pages

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Decisions for Recovery

It seems a small thing.
Having my eyes examined to see if cataract surgery is involved.
Drops, dilation, consultation. 
Decision  ~ my own.
Done and dusted, I believe is the saying.

A single detail of my life with
possibility to affect a well earned independence with
a frightening destabilized feeling.
My decision.

Recovery of an entire life 
tumbled and turmoiled by active addiction
also comes down to 
only one decision.

Whether to go forward or not.
Moment by moment 
creating ability to be independent
to affect every detail - not just one.

Decisions for recovery
not to be taken lightly
full of immediacy
extending forward into life.

“Every moment is a moment of decision, and every moment 
turns us inexorably in the direction of the rest of our lives.”
~ Mary Balogh, Simply Perfect

No comments: