Pages

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Found: Energy and Voice

I have little to say tonight except YAY!!
Does that mean I’m done or even close to completion of my writing project?
Nope!
It does mean that I’ve had, in the last two days, several hours of writing time in steady chunks.
Transcription, editing, revising, rearranging…………
But several hours!

So, what happened?
Where did all that energy come from?
I’ve been very unimpressed with what I’ve written so far.
Certain that anything I’ve written is absolutely terrible and should be filed in the shredder.

Well,
First anger boiled and steamed about an ethical situation.
Then dejection cooled my anger about my written work and the value of it to anyone else but me.
Then inspiration lasered through it all from a few words on a book jacket.

There is much more detail, but I’ll not borrow your time for it.
Suffice it to say ~
I found my voice (for now) and have been putting it on the page ~ still very awkwardly but,
YAY!

“The three great essentials to achieve anything worthwhile are, 
first, hard work; second, stick-to-itiveness; third, common sense.
~ Thomas A.Edison

No comments: