Pages

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

A New Tune

Piano music - my favourite instrument of music ~
my favourite musical tones and melodies ~
from humble tunes to grand sweeping sonatas.

The lilting melody she played just felt good ~
good to hear in my home.

‘She’ was the piano tuner ~ Stacey Benn.
After an hour of ‘tink-tink’, deep ‘tonk-tonk’
Up and down the old ivory keys,
testing each one for tone and pitch ~
She played a short lilting melody to test her work.

There are piano tuner schools ~ her's was a year long training.
A relatively new career, Stacey Benn, has been tuning pianos for three years.

Now, I may just go find a piano teacher ~ maybe ~ in the meantime I’ll play Fuer Elise every now and then.

“The piano ain’t got no wrong notes.”
~ Thelonius Monk


Stacey Benn is a certified piano tuner who studied Piano Technology at the University of Western Ontario.
See Stacey’s website at:

She is also on Facebook.

No comments: