Pages

Saturday, August 8, 2015

Bites of Chocolate Cake and Sunshine

Ouch!
Last evening’s blog sounded a bit angry…
but I’m not angry ~
I’m grateful ~
grateful for the challenge to find kindness, love and fun in each day.

Unmanaged epilepsy may bite in an unfortunate way
but when recovery from the effects of epilepsy
is created, developed and shaped ~
that bite is a bite into 
chocolate cake at birthday parties
independence of living and driving
wonderful developing relationship with family (especially sons)
mindfulness of oneself, one’s abilities and the world around.

That is when the shadow of epilepsy grows long and thin in the sunshine.
and when my personal ‘clean time’ ~ clean from the fog of seizures and phenobarb ~ shines.
Epilepsy fades into grayness and moves gracefully with my chosen movements of life and limb.

“I’m learning how to taste everything.”
~ Laurie Halse Anderson, Wintergirls




No comments: