Pages

Monday, December 7, 2015

An Evening Out

Bubby’s Kitchen
355 Cook St.

Not a pub
Not a jazz club
But good coffee, great food and music.

This past Thursday, I shared a supper and a fun evening with two friends. At 8pm sharp, one of the staff sang for us.  Another confession! I didn’t even get her name. She accompanied herself on electric guitar and later on ukele. I did think the ukele carried her voice more beautifully than the guitar.  Even with my lack of attention to the musician's details and wonderfully plated meal, my perception of her musicality was present. 

My meal was beef rib and pasta ~ delicious ~ and some of that good coffee: a delicious latte. It was an enjoyable evening, one that I will do again - but next time I’ll pay attention to the entertainment and to the menu!

“Pay attention to the intricate details of 
your existence that you take for granted.”
~ Doug Dillon

No comments: