Pages

Sunday, December 20, 2015

Victoria to Vancouver

 Early morning at the Bus Depot, the Parliament buildings brightening the sky, the morning held promise that the weather would hold for my ferry ride to see my sons and my grand-dogs. The water was relatively calm, the skies only a bit cloudy and the ferry was filled with pre-Christmas travellers.

I rather like bus rides! I crocheted more kitchen towels while checking the scenery I seldom see when I do the driving. And Pacific Coach Lines (PCL) has wifi so checking my email on my iPhone was quite convenient. Getting to the Pacific Buffet is faster.

Jason and my grand-dog Eva met me at the bus. Lunch was in order. We met Jeff at Bentei Sushi on Cambie and Broadway (Percy, my other grand-dog, stayed with Eva). So good to be with my sons! From there it was to a dog park, the SPCA, to Jeff’s for more visiting, to Jason’s for a bit and then……more sushi. This time at Sushi Loku. Both meals were delicious but for a return, my perception is that Sushi Loku at 592 East Broadway has the nicest presentation, flavour, crisp fresh salad, green tea/brown rice tea served with the meal and a cosy atmosphere.

Tuna and Avocado Salad with Garlic Chips at Sushi Loku

“I don’t discriminate against sushi. It’s all good in my book.”
~ Billy Horschel

No comments: