Pages

Monday, January 25, 2016

Article Review: I Knew My Daughter Smoked Pot - Stigma Magazine

I saw the magazine Stigma at work today. I read the interview with Clara Huges, flipped through the pages and came upon this article I Knew My Daugher Smoked Pot. Looked interesting, it wasn’t long and as I was on my break I had time to read it. There has been much controversy, opinion and research about marijuana and cannabinoid: the benefits, the dangers and the legality of marijuana. In the light of all of this, this article was a brave one and so well written with a surprise - it was written by a colleague, Sharlene Law, a driving force in the Umbrella Society

I Knew My Daughter Smoked Pot by Sharlene Law was a very clear and poignant look into one of the risks involved in marijuana use:  Cannabinoid Hyperemesis Syndrome. Symptoms of this syndrome are recurrent nausea, vomiting and severe crampy abdominal pain, very confusing and difficult to diagnose if a physician is not aware of this Syndrome.

Thanks for this Sharlene!

Find this article and previous magazine issues online at www.stigmamagazine.com.   

“Be wise enough not to be reckless, but brave enough to take great risks.”
~ Frank Warren

Contact Umbrella Society - An Addictions & Mental Health Resource at:

Contact:

No comments: