Pages

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Kitchen Creativity

Bought new beans,  red peppers and broccoli for this…
I have felt inspired
when I look in my refrigerator
my cupboards
and see a little of this, a little of that ~
food almost past it’s best before date
(Hurry up and use that….whatever it might be)
and then the staples
flour, pasta and rice
curry, rosemary, garlic, basil and thyme
(and a lot more).
You get it…..
oh and what about the freezer….
lots of meals in there!

Looking at the bits and pieces,
beginning to fuss about
“there’s nothing to eat in this place!”
then remembering my good fortune
not having to wonder which to pay ~ the rent or buy food.

So I bravely set about
creating an interesting dish
with flavours, textures and deliciousness
from all that I have in my very own kitchen.

“If more of us valued food and cheer and song above 
hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.”
J.R.R.Tolkein

No comments: