Pages

Thursday, May 12, 2016

Successful Escape!

I gave it much thought
An afternoon stroll from tile floors and therapeutic interactions
Sunshine again today, flowers decorating bush and trees, 
Air cool and sky blue
What challenge have I faced today? Hmmmm.
A full parking lot,
Men and women in blue outside a cafe laughing and talking
My way seemed open and clear
No lineup?!
Pleasant surprise at three thirty on a school day.
And then I stepped to the back and was met
A wall of long legs, short skirts, bed heads and coolness
My half-caffe grande latte with decreased lactose milk set down
In the midst of frappucinos, iced waters, macchiato………….
My arm snaked in between leather and denim
Pulled my latte through the laughing adolescent cluster
I left quickly to the sun and cool air
My escape was successful….and the latte delicious.

“And will you succeed? Yes indeed, yes indeed! 
Ninety-eight and three-quarters percent guaranteed!”
~ Dr. Seuss

No comments: