Pages

Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Always Qualified for More Knowledge




“You’re overqualified 
    for this job.”
I didn’t know what that meant.
I didn’t agree.

“You’re overqualified 
    for this job.”
Years later, I know.
Today I do agree ~ in a cynical sort of way.

Not curious enough then to question.
Another’s opinion is only that.
Another’s opinion.

Curious enough for occasional reflection
Years later, ‘overqualified for this job’ 
Makes sense? ~ I had higher education about addictions.

Policy and procedure sets limits of time and task.
Today, expanded knowledge outside such a box
Also makes sense

Working well within policies and procedures
Requires artful expression of expanded knowledge
Not an empty box.

“Your mind will never be dull, if you remember 
there is never enough to learn for it to be too full.”
~ Benny Bellamacina, Philosophical Uplifting Quotes vol. 2

Author's note: Edited January 21, 2024

No comments: