Pages

Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Professional Excitement

A young nurse so long ago,
I became inspired about nursing.
Inspired, yet curious about what she meant. Mrs. Duthie spoke from the podium to young, very new nurses, faces upturned
‘Excitement’ is all I really remember
The excitement in her voice, her expression and her wide spread hands.
Her excitement about the profession of nursing.

   
Before that, being a nurse was just another step, into adulthoodNow, and for the last many years, I know that nursing is bigger than that. Bigger than any of my own fears or desires, frustrations or achievements.

My feelings are always valid, but only for the moment. When the moment passes, I continue to believe in the excitement of this profession.

“He who has a strong enough ‘why’ can bear almost any ‘how’.”
~ Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche, The Twilight of the Idols (1888)

Author's note: Edited January 22, 2024

No comments: