Pages

Monday, November 7, 2016

In Praise of Limits

Praising limits?
Really?
Yes.
Praising a life well lived ~
But limited
Only by my imagination
Limits set by epilepsy
Or not by epilepsy but 
Limits set by my chosen management of epilepsy
A condition that, for me, is not actually very severe
‘Easily treated’ my neurologist tells me
And it is
It is not fragile or brittle 
But it is there.
Not just in my head but in my brain.
Not just an idea but a reality
I could live outside of the limits
And it would be a gamble
Would I enjoy my day or
Would my day be blurred and forgotten
Because of a seizure (fancy name: tonic/clonic)
A seizure that occurred because 
I wanted to push limits in the wrong direction.

“Once you see the boundaries of your environment, 
they are no longer the boundaries of your environment.
~ Marshall McLuhan

No comments: