Pages

Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Do I Have To?

Do I Have To?

"I just want to sleep. To sleep and sleep and sleep. Why are you waking me up? Go find someone else to make your breakfast. What? Mom left a note that said it was my turn to make breakfast?”

Sammy groaned and pulled the covers over his head. Weren’t teenagers supposed to sleep? Had his mother forgotten that teenagers balance life by sleeping. His little sister wasn’t leaving him alone.

‘Sammy. I’m hungry. And mom said. So don’t go back to sleep again.’ 

‘OK. OK. But you have to go to the kitchen and start setting the table.’  Sammy thought he’d could distract little Chelsea. Maybe she’d find some Fruit Loops and forget that Sammy even existed.

‘No.’ Chelsea pulled the blankets off him. ‘I won’t. You have to come with me. I can’t reach the plates and mom doesn’t want me to climb up to get them. You have to help me. Besides, I want scrambled eggs.’

‘All right, all right. Scrambled eggs do sound good and I do make awesome scramblers.

Sammy rolled out of bed onto the floor, chasing Chelsea door.

‘Get out of here, you little monkey, and let me get dresssed!’

Giggling wildly, Chelsea ran out of Sammy’s room.

“Morning is wonderful. Its only drawback is that it comes at such an inconvenient time of day.”
~ Glen Cook, Sweet Silver Blues

No comments: