Pages

Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Decisions, Decisions!

Decisions, Decisions!

“So. What am I going to do?”

“I have nothing to tell you. It is all your choice. You hate it when I tell you what to do! You’re never satisfied with my suggestions.  They’re always too spiritiual or too intellectual or too...too...something.”

“So you know how desperate I am if I’m asking you what to do. Give me a tissue before I cry all over you. My life is a mess right now and I just don’t know what to do!”

“OK. To start with…..after you blow your nose…….breathe. Deep breath in. That’s right. Push your shoulders down. Breathe out. Deep breath in. Better?”

“You’re right. I shouldn’t ask you what to do. I do know one thing for sure. I'm exhausted. After this long, long night, I don’t have to make any decisions except to go home and go to bed.”

“...go in the direction your head is pointed in.”
~ Jung Chang, Wild Swans: The Three Daughters of China

No comments: