Pages

Sunday, April 9, 2017

Spring Has Sprung

Writing exercise at Writer's Ink on Friday afternoon:  Ten minutes, topic: Spring has Sprung. I fixed some of the typos but other than that no other edits.

Spring Has Sprung

Spring has sprung. Or has it. When I think of something springing, I think of the new goats at Beacon Hill Children’s farm that seem to have springs built into their every joint of their bodies. This spring has not been quite so springy. Until I think of the daffodils. The daffodils have spread their beauty across park, under trees, in bushes, lining the roads and sidewalks until they bring their own glow of spring. Complementing their joyous blooms have been the trees full of pinks and white. Great bouffants overhead that let go their pink snow to carpet the city with their gentleness. Yes it has been cool and windy, rainy and grey more often this spring that last. Or maybe it is only in my longing for calm, warm spring days that has made it seem a slow entry. Spring has sprung with flowers and bird song, new shoots and sprouts where before there was only black earth. To appreciate these wonders of nature I really don’t need to have a blue sky and sunshine. I just want them to satisfy my desire for a complete picture.

“When all is said and done, the weather and love are 
the two elements about which one can never be sure.”
~Alice Hoffman, Here on Earth

No comments: