Pages

Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Thoughts for Today

Thinking about today with fresh air and sunshine, reading, writing and listening to the radio
what has been my next step
unable to pin myself down 
even when involved in the kitchen
only the task in front of me
~ frustrating ~
is there so little perspective 
when there are no prescribed tasks,
only one appointment today
no scheduled activities
what has my brain thought about?
there must have been something!
poring over my thoughts
scratching in the sands of my mind
to find something profound
or maybe not even profound
just interesting 
has my mind finally come to rest?
when I don't have to think about anything
      I don’t have to figure out 
         what to do
   what to say
     where to go
So I baked chicken and perogies…..

“I am the shore and the ocean, awaiting myself on both sides.”
~ Dejan Stojanovic, The Shape

No comments: