Pages

Monday, January 29, 2018

Found!!

Has anyone ever lost anything precious? 
   In your own home?
     Where there could not, 
       should not have been anyone
   To find it, 
     hide it or 
       accidentally throw it away?
I’m sure not……..
I realized such a loss about three weeks ago,
A precious gift given at Christmas time
It was devastating!
Unbeknownst to me, the treasure had actually ‘disappeared’ almost four weeks ago.
In the intervening time I had
   Panicked
     Certain I had thrown it out with any garbage or recycling.
       Put it in a very safe place without a memo
My mind spun like a child’s spinning top gone rogue
After the first few days I stopped actively searching
But whenever I’ve been 
    putting things away, 
       reorganizing things, 
          decluttering things
I’ve kept a sharp eye out for my lost treasure while
    considering a prayer to Saint Anthony - the saint of lost things.
     this morning using the magic Summoning Charm - Accio - from Harry Potter
I’ve learned that there comes a time 
   to let go of the panic of instant loss
    to let go of shame and embarrassment
     to keep up a search for any treasure
       to simplify and yet widen the search
         to realize that the world will not cave in
This morning, I found my treasure ~
hidden with some Christmas clutter 
waiting very patiently for me to tidy.
Why, at 6 a.m., was I decluttering?
Was the treasure's reappearance due to
    St. Anthony or 
     the Summoning Charm
       or just because?

“I have just three things to teach: 
simplicity, patience, compassion. 
These three are your greatest treasures.” 
~ Lao Tzu

No comments: