Pages

Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Leaping through Life

Taking a leap has not been one of my preferred activities. After all, when I was 15 and attempting the annual High School Track and Field Day event of  high jump, my success was extremely limited. Although I barely skimmed over the bar set shorter than my own shortness, I landed with such a thump on the freshly raked sand, that I could barely stand up. High fives were not even invented until 1977 ~ not that I would have needed that information then. Curiosity, on the other hand, has been around for a long, long time. When I was 15, I was curious about my ability to be athletic. I wanted to leap the high jump bar gracefully, jump up and do it again. Over the years I’ve learned to take many, many leaps. Leaps of faith, leaps of bravery, leaps of joy, leaping into the unknown, leaps with a big deep breath and I’ve not always recovered from them very gracefully ~ but I do keep trying. Just no athletic stuff.

“All growth is a leap in the dark, a spontaneous 
unpremeditated act without benefit of experience.”
~ Henry Miller

No comments: