Pages

Wednesday, December 19, 2018

A Little Bit More



’Twas the week before Christmas..
My plans went awry
so I pouted and worried that
Christmas Day I’d cry

So I planned a real party ~
a Pity Party of sorts
with tears and with whining
all by myself.   

Very lacking in wisdom,
I scrapped that boring plan
and started from memory
to see if there’s fun to be had.

So I rooted around in my memory trunk
of a stocking from Santa filled with toys and with treats
of aromas of turkey, savoury dressing, scalloped potatoes and pies,
candy canes, music, reading books and a walk.

Soon Christmas Day seemed appealing
in my own cosy home,
and I’ll be my own Santa
my stocking filled with memories to come.

“Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn’t before! 
What if Christmas, he thought, doesn’t come from a store. 
What if Christmas…perhaps…means a little bit more!”
~ Dr. Seuss, How the Grinch Stole Christmas

No comments: