Pages

Thursday, February 28, 2019

A New World Order

The biggest day has arrived. At midnight I slip into Official Retiredom. Before falling asleep, I will be myself. Waking in the morning, I will still be myself with a great difference that only I can feel. Others that have retired have navigated the same slip stream. A part of my life will change, and has begun to change in the past few weeks. Hopefully, on the outside, others may see changes. Will I will look rested and calmer? Maybe smiling more easily? It is any changes on the inside that trouble and, at the same time, excite me. Finding a toehold in fresh new confidence in this unfamiliar way of living. Oh yes, I’ve had lovely stretches of days off in my previous career. Practice runs at this new world order. In the next few days, my ‘practice runs’ should extend into a life that is satisfying and rewarding. Service to the care of others can extend outward through the written word and volunteering. I’ll continue the writing I’ve been doing in my journal and on this blog. I plan to expand on other writing projects. Volunteering will come later. For that I have some ideas, but will give my mind, heart and body a rest first so I enjoy this new beginning.

“I was numb, but it was from not knowing 
just what this new life would hold for me.”
~ Jamaica Kincaid, Lucy

No comments: