Pages

Saturday, February 23, 2019

Gratitude and a Common Goal

There are few - well maybe a lot more than few -  words to express how I have felt tonight in the company of the many colleagues gathered at the Fernwood Inn to honour me. Each one of them I worked with in some capacity. I could not have had such a successful end to my addictions nursing career without each and every one of you. A truly multidisciplinary team. Each one of us with different types and levels of education. As teams on different shifts and wild schedules we have shared one common goal - caring for marginalized and stigmatized individuals that have been broken by life long before we ever met them.  

The beautiful rocking chair in the picture accompanying this blog is only one of the lovely gifts I received this evening. To me, this rocking chair does not suggest that resting on my laurels is all I will do in retirement. It does suggest that I plant seeds that will flower and only rest if I need a good sit down. 

Thank you to all Withdrawal Management Services staff for an absolutely lovely evening and for welcoming my family members so beautifully. I will miss working with you, my wonderful team members, but will keep in touch with you. You will hear from me soon.

“We must find time to stop and thank the people
 who make a difference in our lives.”
~ John F. Kennedy

No comments: