Pages

Saturday, June 8, 2019

Something More

Yearning for something more, anything…
anything that stirs my soul down to 
my toes tapping, 
    hips swaying, 
       fingers snapping
        with a glorious spin ~
my face turned to the sun
in defiance of the winds of change. 


Yearning for something more, anything…
that shoots me through spring soil 
despite rocky crags or drying lands
to gift me with joy while I let go of darkness, grief or sadness
replanting them carefully in soil of the past
giving them a chance to become fertile soil 
for the seeds and flowers that support 
exciting journeys yearned for.

Yearning for something more, anything…..
yeasty aromas, exotic rhythms and soothing music ~ 
all underpinnings of home and hearth ~
denying any muttering or wondering 
about where I am and who I am ~
for an open flow of energy with 
momentum and action to refine and
transform old habits and lessons in this love of life

Yearning for something more, anything…..
Brings me the joy of learning 
creating more from what is present
unravelling yesterday’s trips down memory lane 
to find questions still to be answered with
directions I still wish to follow on roads and lanes
lined with inner wisdom and knowledge
that awaken my sleepy consciousness.

Yearning for something more, anything….
that brings me joy ~ 
whether gems or rocks to fill my life with
  beauty in each day and 
     dreams for tomorrow
        while cherishing an ever wavering mirage of the past
complete with colourful balloons, iridescent soap bubbles 
and gardens full of growth, life and living.

“…that yearning inside you that seeks for fulfillment - does it still burn?”
~ John Geddes, A Familiar Rain

No comments: