Pages

Friday, July 26, 2019

Despite


Despite a more than occasional nibble from passing deer and brisk west winds threatening to blow delicate flowers away, a quite cool June has melted into the heat of July reviving my little ‘vegetable garden’. Baby tomatoes, one jalapeƱo (there were two more) and a couple of beans have hesitantly grown with more promised. I do believe that some mesh and my bamboo fencing have deterred most of the deer croppings. After all, there is quite a buffet in Victoria besides my little bit of greenery. Keeping the soil moist annoys squirrels, but does prevent small craters from appearing out of nowhere. Despite these little challenges, I am still committed to picking my own vegetables from my own small garden.






“The garden suggests there might be a place where we can meet nature halfway.”
~ Michael Pollan

No comments: