Pages

Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Once More


Joy - a staple for my life like
    salt on potatoes
      spicy heat in an enchilada
         sun on green growing things

A too crowded cupboard 
   pushes joy to the back
     hides it from my senses
       buries it beneath fallen spice jars

Clearing the cupboard of my soul
   Joy is set right up front again
     Face forward to my senses
         Lifted up once more

“The present moment is filled with joy and happiness. 
If you are attentive, you will see it.”
~ Thich Nhat Hanh, Peace is Every Step:
The Path of Mindfulness in Everyday Life

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The important mindfulness of joy- that we know well is ours, but also that we decide to find and enjoy.

Susan Ward said...

Absolutely. Mindfulness in so many things in my life has blessed me.