Pages

Thursday, January 16, 2020

The Word-craft Shuffle

Shuffling back and then forth again,
stacking together then
the order reworked.

Scrubbing my eyes
Raking my hair
Pausing and pacing…….

Getting just the right pen
making sure the ink flows
on the right sort of pages……

The bed is all rumpled,
laundry’s piled up,
there’s dishes in the sink…..

Then tapping and tapping
the keyboard for prose,
but maybe poetry’s best……

The outside is calling ~
it’s getting quite loud
But deep stomach growls keep me inside.

An essay?
A story?
What do I do?

On days calm and bright,
to write is a puzzle but
cheers me on none-the-less.

“My aim is to put down on paper what I see 
 and what I feel in the best and simplest way.”
~ Ernest Hemingway

**Global Pandemic alert by World Health Organization declared on this date**

No comments: