Pages

Monday, February 17, 2020

Time Out

I finally did it. I went outside without my grand-dog Eva. But only for about an hour. Walking Billie, my grand cat, doesn’t happen. He’s a kitten and developing his ‘cat independence’ complete with repeated meowing to remind me that I really am not paying enough attention. Playing chase the ball or little red pointer light has been sadly neglected. I’m not to mind when Billie leaps across my laptop while I’m typing. Then they both just go to sleep. Curled up in their cuteness beside me.

I needed human connection. 
Voices.
Actual speech.

And so I did it. And just before I stepped into the grocery store world, I did one….more….thing. I went into Church’s Chicken and had lunch. Surrounded by the voices of humanity. I ordered the ‘2 Pcs Combo’ - substituted the drink for Coleslaw. Then I ate it. 

I suspect there is little difference baby-sitting grandchildren! It is all a great joy and privilege.

“Pets are humanizing. They remind us we have an obligation and 
responsibility to preserve and nurture and care for all life.”
~ James Cromwell

No comments: