Pages

Monday, September 21, 2020

Ice Cubes and Apple Sauce

From the Sept 30, 2015 entry in my personal journal - 


“ …………. an old piece of wood tapering to one end with a bulbous shape at the top. Anyone not familiar with this item would wonder at it’s use……..I carried this dry old wooden pestle with me like I carry my childhood memories………As children we were to crush ice cubes for dad’s summer ice tea.”



In what has become ‘the olden days’, the journal entry continued: this old wooden pestle’s real use was to turn cooked apples in a large funnel to squeeze the pulp through and have delicious apple sauce.” Of course the apple sauce needed cinnamon and a bit more sugar to make it very delicious. 


I don’t need the more ‘modern’ pestle for crushing ice, but I do need apple sauce………


“Make your work to be in keeping with your purpose.”

~ Leonardo da Vinci

No comments: