Pages

Saturday, November 28, 2020

A Place

Struggling these last few weeks 

to feel the reality of my new home.


Discomfort  ~

closets and cupboards,

shapes and sizes of rooms

don’t hold my ‘stuff’

in the same way

things don’t fit

I haven’t found a 

place for everything

but

everything should have a place

the right place - right?


Disorientation ~

spins my head constantly

until 

I call a friend ~

laughter and conversation

always has its place over coffee and cake

I cook something - anything

bake bread

make soup

mixing and stirring has its place

I write something

the words come slowly

a plateau has its place

I walk it out

stride it out:

My footfalls have their place


“The gate to any new period of growth or maturity in our lives requires a period of discomfort and disorientation.”

~ Christina Baldwin, Storycatcher


 **The quotation came first.

No comments: