Pages

Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Which One?


Elastic bands, if stretched too far, will thin and finally let go. Sometimes with a stinging snap, sometimes with intent. Watching the U.S. election results tonight on CTV, the elastic that is political discourse has been stretched back and forth, in and out for too long and in too many ways. As a Canadian citizen, the outcome should be a slam dunk for my choice. Accessible health care and respect for the common man truly that drives any economy seems a no brainer choice. But then that’s just my opinion. I can only keep my fingers, toes and maybe even my eyes crossed for the elastic just to be set down, quieted down and with respect.

“You have very little morally persuasive power with 

people who can feel your underlying contempt.”

Martin Luther King Jr.

No comments: