Pages

Saturday, January 23, 2021

At My Kitchen Table


Beginning this past Thursday, I attended a virtual writer’s conference. Settling myself at my kitchen table with a cup of tea - one day with my lunch. This was my first experience with this form of virtual learning. An opportunity to ask questions and make comments was provided on the ‘chat’ or ‘Q &A’ dialogue boxes. My comments were limited as my ability to listen and respond at the same time were challenged by this new to me format. 

An hour long event each day for four days, I was introduced to the Saskatchewan Writer’s Guild (SWG). Writing North 11: Sheltering in Place, Dwelling in Words was the theme of this very interesting virtual event. The importance of books and reading in this time of distancing and separation was discussed by the speakers, each with a varied focus. Each speaker gave this novice writer great information and ideas. All of the events were recorded and are on the Saskatchewan Writers’ Guild Youtube channel

 



“Reading is that fruitful miracle of a communication 

in the midst of solitude.”

        ~ Marcel Proust

No comments: