Pages

Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Grumpy vs Grateful

From this morning’s journal pages: “Still a few drops of ink in my pen! Up since six a.m., I had spent most of my time cutting up/putting away fresh vegetables while listening to news reports from south of the border. The riots of last Wednesday in Washington, D.C. most troubling. When I awoke this morning, even after a good yawn and stretch, I knew I was grumpy. About what I wasn’t certain - was it because of the messy family dynamic I was reading at bedtime? I’ve been reading that novel too slowly. Was it too much news watching - pandemic and political unrest ? It all leaves me feeling tense and annoyed. Yet here I am. In my own home. Bills paid. Refrigerator full. Most of my family and many of my friends close - but well distanced. Everyone is healthy.”


I finished separating and rinsing the brilliant green leaves of the romaine lettuce, setting them in a container and in the refrigerator. Bundling up against a not so cold day, I set out for my daily walk. Grateful for today's opportunity.


“Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back 

and realize they were the big things.”

~ Robert Brault

 

No comments: