Pages

Monday, February 15, 2021

It is Fitting

Solitude midst the pandemic 

with restricted movements,

fear of infection kept at bay 

from a distance ~

from unknown crowds ~

even one or two ~

still taking risks  

in the grocery store

in a taxi

on the bus

walking in the park

when I am so uncertain 

but still I keep writing 

feeling the space 

trying to find the right fit 

in my own home ~ just me ~

no longer skirting the fray and fringes of life 

~ tired of the skirting ~ 

lost in it’s folds, 

blinded by the draperies I’ve hidden behind

always wanting more 

not knowing what ‘more’ is 

until here I am fitting, sitting, writing

at my kitchen table knowing life is abundant.

My cup overflows and I am grateful. 

Not for the pandemic that kills ~

but for the space it has foisted upon me 


“Make the most of yourself….for that is all there is of you.”

~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments: