Pages

Thursday, March 4, 2021

Intention Is

The theme for this month is Intention -

Not a big word

Not a small word

Not even a hard to pronounce word

yet a struggle nonetheless.


Sits in front of me 

~ solid as a rock

never wishing to go anywhere 

actually unable to even wish

not even waiting - just sitting.


Maybe, intention is more 

like these rabbits

~ huddled on the cold snow

trying to find the warmth of the sun

ears up, listening for any hint of danger.


Or maybe, intention is

a wanting inside of me to let my inner child

come out to play

to create just for fun,

to write about my passions.


Like the rock

I need to pick it up,

keep it close

a reminder that it is time

~ time to play ~ right in the middle of things.


(I'll leave the rabbits alone - they're too skittish)


“Name your intention.”

~ Patti Digh, What I Wish for You:

Simple Wisdom for a Happy Life

No comments: