Pages

Monday, April 5, 2021

A Quick Detour



Intimidated by a business call

I had to make about……


SC-R-E-E-C-H!


Yesterday was more fun

and tonight I’m still exhausted.

Forget intimidation!                                      


A family Zoom gender reveal party

from my from brother in Florida

bouncing from Poland to the U.K.

to Canada….It’s a girl!


An awesome 10 K walk with 

my walking buddy started out

against the wild prairie wind

masked against the dust in the air


cooked a roast that didn’t have

the taste I expected from a roast beef ~

very odd tasting gravy so tonight 

it’s thin slices for sandwiches and a beef stew.


and then there was a fuse blown

shutting out my lights, fridge and TV

along with a plugged kitchen sink drain ~

one phone call to maintenance got it fixed.


“Sometimes it takes a wrong turn to get you to the right place.”

~ Mandy Hale, The Single Woman: Life, Love, and a Dash of Sass




 

No comments: