Pages

Friday, August 20, 2021

A Different Kind of Relief

Life has tossed me a couple of curve balls lately. Caught them both and have managed nicely. The only downside was the ever growing to-do pile on my desk/kitchen table. So today I made one more list. It always includes the writing project I’ve been working on for………well, you don’t need to know that detail. Exercises - that’s another one. I did manage to get some of that in. The rest of the list was long - scribbled on the margins; a separate list for ongoing projects. Regardless, I whittled them down to an easily manageable size. May not get it all done tonight, but that’s ok. 


Getting the pesky, paperwork stuff done no matter how important is just too easy to set aside. But tax guys don’t like to be neglected and paying bills is kind of important. It’s not like a pile of dirty dishes, or having an empty underwear drawer. 


What I do know for sure is that when the pesky, paperwork stuff is done, I feel relieved. A different kind of relief than housework. I always know the demands of taxes, renewals, and bills come around only annually or monthly. In between there is space for the laughter, enjoyment of family, reading, writing, and yes…….the work that is my home.


“It’s a relief to finally do it and get over with.”

~ Candace Parker


 

No comments: