Pages

Sunday, August 29, 2021

Bits of Housework

As much as I complain 

about not liking housework

I talk more about liking the space of

clean, neat and orderly, so

I drift through my home 

keeping things in order ~


Now the dust - that’s another issue.

I just let it lie quietly until 

finger prints are too obvious

It’s  a quick swipe though…………


But I digress ~ a stray cup left on the coffee table, a napkin out of place, crumpled and rumpled ~ picking little bits of thread and lint, curling them into balls of nothing, running the vacuum cleaner over the floor, 

washing drips of something brown from the cupboard


Bits of housework are no trouble ~ 

clearing disorder rippling through an aura of calm

by washing the stray piece of china and put it away

put the untidy napkin in the laundry ~ maintain order.


When I have created that space,

that void, I fill it up with 

stories, musings and song, 

laughter, food and music,

sometimes even tears of frustration ~

all is my life being lived.


“Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.”

~ Søren Kierkegaard


 

No comments: