Pages

Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Bread and Jam


I don’t go in for fad diets, actually diets of any sort.

But…….I was encouraged to revisit that stubborn opinion.

I am willing to change a lot of things about food ~ different proteins, brown rice instead of white rice, different flavours and spicing. Bread is not one I am willing to do without. Bread is not just food. It is the very sustenance of life ~ especially mine. Or am I being selfish. I have baked bread for many many years. I have eaten bread many more years. My mom’s, a good friend of my mom’s, aunts, women in my hometown. So giving up bread was not an option. 


More oatmeal - one of the dietary recommendations. I like oatmeal. I make porridge with the granola I make. Can’t doctor it with extra deliciousness. You know, butter, honey or maple syrup ~ or brown sugar ~ and a generous dosing of cream. But that’s ok ~ I make very tasty granola. 


I asked myself ~ and Google ~ is there a No Knead Oatmeal bread? Yay!!! There were several recipes. So there you have it ~ my first No Knead Oatmeal bread with my blueberry jam and only a thin, thin, scraping of butter. Delicious and yum....just tone down how much I enjoy. (A few vegetables on the side for an extra bit of healthiness.)


“All sorrows are less with bread.”

~ Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra


No comments: