Pages

Tuesday, December 28, 2021

The Before Times

I could talk about before Covid or I could talk about the weather. Which is more interesting? Actually neither, but when I saw this photo, taken about six months before the advent of this nasty virus thing, I thought about the before times. At the same time, with our temperatures trying to get into a deepest possible basement, this showed another before time that will come around again. If I listen to the politicians and the journalists too much and too often, I get very discouraged, wondering when the flowers will bloom again. We are not perfect. There are many unhappy people out there, and some just plain strange. But, if I look around me, listen to the feel good stories, and be confident in neighbours, friends and family ~ even strangers ~, there are always flowers blooming. 


What wisdom can you find that is greater than kindness?”

~ Jean-Jacques Rousseau


 

No comments: