Pages

Thursday, January 27, 2022

All About Me

There’s absolutely no humility in this photo. In July of 2020, I turned my life upside down with a big move from B.C. to Saskatchewan. Since then, I’ve felt disorganized, sometimes falling apart and have had too much time living with me. Getting to know myself more than I ever have. Last winter, I was invited to go snowshoeing with friends. I was unable to at that time. That’s where the debilitation interfered. That is also when I set myself a goal to go snowshoeing this winter. Until I actually walked in the snow, following the trail set by my two new friends, I wasn’t sure that I could actually do it. With each step, I knew that I could. 


Recovering from anything means a lot of things. For me today, it was deep snow and funny flat things strapped to my feet, laughter with friends and a still, calm winter day.


“We are all apprentices in a craft where no one ever becomes a master.”

~ Ernest Hemingway, The Wild Years


 

No comments: