Pages

Thursday, December 29, 2022

A Cat's Tale - A Feline Rant

A Feline Rant


I am healthy, handsome cat. 


Finally. Going outside. But in the little cozy thing my human carries me in. Instead of letting me out to chase the squirrel I always see ~ which I wouldn’t have done anyway because I just detest the snow, I was carted off to a place that made my nose twitch. Quite unceremoniously, the box I was in was turned upside down. Poked and prodded by a human I didn’t even have time to smell. The final indignity? He pulled up a piece of my skin ~ without even asking! ~ and poked me with something sharper than my claws. I was so unnerved and offended!


Oh, I’ve forgiven her ~ after all she does feed me.


“I’m a cat. We aren’t required to make sense.”

~ Seanan McGuire,  A Local Habitation


 

No comments: