Pages

Sunday, March 5, 2023

On a Walk Home ~ Into the Candy Store

Usually when I leave my writing group, I head straight home. Have to pass right by the candy store! My focus went askew. I ‘needed’ more licorice at home. Not everyone favours licorice especially the delicious black licorice but that is their loss. Filled with candies of all sorts, I didn’t know where to start. I found several jars of licorice lining a shelf making it difficult to choose. My favourites are the cigars or pipes of soft black licorice with the little red candies at the end. The soft Australian black licorice is good too, but none were in the store.I did balance all that licorice with two bananas and some chocolate. A store clerk came to my rescue. Describing those favourites of mine she asked if any were sweet or salty. Salty? Never tried it. So she showed me: right there in front of me were these little bags of a mix of different licorices - sweet and salty. I’m willing to be brave!


“What she did have were Bertie Bott’s 

Every Flavour Beans, Drooble’s Best Blowing Gum, 

Chocolate Frogs, Pumpkin Pasties,Cauldron Cakes, 

Licorice Wands, and a number of other strange 

things Harry had never seen in his life.”

~ J.K.Rowling


 

No comments: