Pages

Sunday, April 30, 2023

More Sweetness!



*Dessart Sweets Ice Cream & Candy Store

3036 13th Ave, Regina, SK




Side by side, working on writing projects in a quaint little bookstore - The Penny University Bookstore on 13th Ave. My partner finishing up a short story, I’m working on a long term writing project. Two hours in silence broken by discussing writing strategies, problems, the music of the bookstore and patrons coming and going. 


We parted ways, my compatriot drove away to eat pie, while I…….well I had to walk through a line of couples and young families at the ice cream store. Not wanting to appear rude, I joined the line.


Salted caramel and fudge ice cream chosen with care. An outside table vacated, I’m sure just for me, was perfect to sit in the sun and not let a drop of ice cream escape. Ice cream - I really needed that deliciousness.




“Forget art. Put your trust in ice cream.”

~ Charles Baxter, The Feast of Love




 

No comments: