Pages

Sunday, April 9, 2023

One More Time

Blossom Time - Royal Albert china



So many thoughts this Easter morning. Where do I start? Spinning from ordinary todays to special days of childhood,  


I liked the dress up part best, a new dress, a new Easter bonnet ~ Flowing along life changes, those precious times


were washed away, held only 

by the fraying strings of memory. 

Now on my own, in my own place

resurrection of these things, 


a slow and joyous task, brings out 

the china dinner plate for my breakfast,

drifts me back to long ago Easter and special days 

when we set the table, placing the silver cutlery just so, 


making sure the pretty pink blossoms 

on the plate had the laneway take me 

to the end of the orchard. One more time, I set 

a pretty china plate, but with ordinary cutlery.


You can find something truly important in an ordinary minute.”

~ Mitch Albom


 

No comments: