Pages

Monday, April 24, 2023

To Be or Not

Is there any purpose? 

Should any of us be here? 

Does any of it matter? 


Seeking purpose, the answer is seldom in my mailbox or in a phone call, so


I am offered two choices:  

throw a fine pity party or

wiggle my toes in the sand 


gaze at the vast, blue sky, 

say goodnight to the stars in the sky, 

dance on the ground beneath my feet


and share in this great community

witnessing it all while I 

live, love and have fun


leaning into life as it is and as it becomes

accepting cloudy days and the blossoms of spring 

most of all to cherish family and friends.


“Yes, I know: the thread you have to keep finding, over again, 

to follow it back to life; I know. Impossible, sometimes.”

~ Jean Valentine, Door in the Mountain: 

New and Collected Poems 1965-2003


 

No comments: