Pages

Friday, May 19, 2023

On an Afternoon Walk - Spring Stroll

Spring Stroll Photo Op

Started out as a walk,

turned into a stroll

not in a hurry

life’s on a roll


library a wander

20 minutes away

time for a muse &

stops on the way


A sit on a bench

to soak up the sun

then on to the library

the wind having fun!


Out of my backpack

Gamache took a fall

into the book return

was his only downfall


Now do I want to stop

for coffee and a write?

I think so ~

that only seems right.


Back out on the street

I walked towards home;

stopped at the bookstore

for third Gamache tome


Groceries my last stop,

just one or two things.

Then home with my prizes

 ~ The stroll was a win.


“We are here on the planet only once, 

and might as well get a feel for the place.”

~ Annie Dillard


* “Gamache” is the main character of Louise Penny’s books. 

My book purchase today: ‘A World of Curiosities’ by Louise Penny


No comments: