Pages

Saturday, June 10, 2023

It Felt Good

There are days when everything clicks along from the time eyes open, this wasn’t one of them. It was deceitful. Eyes opened, morning moved along to breakfast and then it was time for a nap…..a long one. When I thought about it, the last several days had been busy. Keeping me on my toes whether I wanted to or not. It happens to everyone. How many know when to stop and just breathe - or take a nap. Listen to body and mind. Many of us have an old message on repeat play that says ‘You’re lazy’ or ‘Get the work done and quickly!’ Even if it’s the weekend or retired. So changing the message becomes the challenge. Giving permission for time for some ‘me time’ and then taking it. Our futures just may depend on it!


“When you rest, you catch your breath 

    and it holds you up, like water wings….”

~ Anne Lamott

 


p.s. After I had rested, I finished the laundry……and some other things on my to do list.


 

No comments: