Pages

Monday, August 28, 2023

A Late Summer Garden


I avoided purchasing plants this spring. Wanted to evaluate the sun and wind on my patio. My plans? Planting should be in spring time………but after a twist of my arm - a very gentle twist - I accompanied my good friend Donna to the Plant Ranch. I wasn't going to buy anything. Just looking. But then I decided on a late summer garden: A Halpen Blue Hosta. Hens and Chicks just slipped in my hand. They both seemed to fit the bill. Both are hardy to this Hardiness Zone (3b), but I was told by the nursery owner that they may not make it through winter. So, they’ll have be houseplants part of the year! Or tucked in very carefully. (The skinny floppy plants are ginger shoots that have been pushed aside to accommodate the newcomer.)


“A late summer garden has a tranquility found no other time of year.”

~ William F. Longgood


Plant Ranch

5909 13th Avenue

Regina, Sask

Website: plantranchregina.ca


No comments: