Pages

Saturday, September 9, 2023

A Day Off


Everyone needs a day off. Even us retired folks. So after just smidge of laundry, and a couple of hours of whatever else I did, I set off for Government House for tea with friends - and a ballroom full of other ladies, and one man. Before the tearoom doors opened we took a stroll through a display and sale of donated jewelry and china held monthly by the Government House Historical Society. At precisely 1pm we were ushered into the ballroom cum dining room. A pianist greeted us with Climb Every Mountain and accompanied us through our lunch of dainty sandwiches, tea and cakes. We talked. We laughed. 


My first visit to Government House in Regina on manicured, lovely grounds, and on such a beautiful day, was a real treat. 




“When I have a day off, 

I will have a day off.”

~ Andrew Flintoff









No comments: