Pages

Sunday, October 22, 2023

On an Afternoon Walk - Corner Conversation

I was on my way home with groceries. I’d actually been to my writers group at Penny University Bookstore. Oh, and I’d gone for lunch at the 13th Ave Coffee shop before getting the groceries. It was a rather grey day, but no wind so I was just strolling along, loving all the crunchy gold leaves under my feet. A tall slender woman, about my age, was coming towards me. As we met, we greeted each other with a smile and hello. It seemed normal to stop on the corner for a chat even though we had never met. We discussed the beautiful fall weather, no wind, cool day. She commented “The rabbits aren’t turning. Only their tails are white.” She pointed back down the street. “I’ve just seen another little rabbit about two blocks back.” I was excited - not everyone would find that exciting but I love hearing about nature’s little forecasters. The turning of the leaves, the cooling of the air, and rabbits that aren’t turning. We chatted a bit more then went our separate ways.


“Nature is the source of all true knowledge.”

~ Leonardo da Vinci


No comments: