Pages

Thursday, November 16, 2023

Hens and Chicks

A wanna be gardener like many in my farming family, I do keep trying. Still haven’t adjusted to container gardening. It seems so confining! These 8 Hens and Chicks had been confined to a very small pot that I purchased late this summer. Don’t know what my idea was, but I’ve always loved these little succulents. Today, I spread a Canadian Tire flyer on my cupboard and freed them, dirt and all. They were getting increasingly dry, not to mention crowded. Once I separated them all out I found the mother plant and provided a separate pot away from the crowd of kids she had around her. Right now they all look quite happy in there new and spacious homes. Now to see if I can keep them all alive and healthy! 





"Gardening is learning, learning, learning. 

That's the fun of them. You're always learning." 

~ Helen Mirren




No comments: